Hey guys! I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the sweet and amazing Shealea at ThatBookShelfBitch. She has a sweet blog with a blog name that I just LOVE. So you should really go check her out! I was also nominated by Deanna at A Novel Glimpse! She has a sweet blog too so don’t hesitate to go check out those links!
Anyways, here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
5. Give them 11 questions of your own.
Questions From Shealea!
1. What is the worst pun or pick-up line you know?
Guy: “Did it hurt?”
Girl: “Did what hurt?”
Guy: “The fall from heaven.” |
2. In your opinion, book with the most surprising ending and why?
The end of Crown of Midnight for sure. [SPOILERS] I really just didn’t see it coming that Celaena was actually the lost heir to the throne of Terassen. It took me a couple minutes along with a reread of the last 30 pages to fully process it. 🙂
3. What genre do you usually steer clear of and why?
I steer clear of Non Fiction. Usually non fiction is just too boring. I’m sure there are great non fiction novels out their, but at least right now, I’m not interested in reading in. The only non fiction book I’ve ever read was This Star Won’t Go Out by Esther Earl. It was very good.
4. What is the perfect beverage to accompany you while reading?
POG. Pineapple Orange Guava Juice. You know that juice that is usually only found in Hawaii? Well yeah, they sell it at my local grocery store in California. It’s delicious and though it’s not as good as the stuff they sell in Hawaii it’s still yum!
5. What are your thoughts on ice cream?
LOVE IT. I LOVE ICE CREAM. IT’S MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE DESSERT EVER. SO DELICIOUS AND GOOD. My favorite flavor is strawberry, but the good stuff, not the sugar packed faux strawberry crap.
6. Fictional character you admire and/or look up to the most? Elaborate.
Blue Sargent from The Raven Boys. Blue is such a unique character, when I first read about her, I wanted to grow up to be her. She is poor, but she still won’t let that define her. She doesn’t have any super powers and she’s just Blue Sargent. She also isn’t afraid to tell people off. She’s a little snarky and I love that about her.
7. What kind of career do you want for yourself?
I really want my career to have books involved. I love books, it’s my passion. I really want to go into publishing or be an editor.
8. What is the first movie that made you cry (or at least made you teary-eyed)?
Super obvious. The Fault in Our Stars. I was teary eyed though, there weren’t any full tears. That pre funeral scene though…:(
9. What is your favorite facial expression to make whenever you take a selfie?
Just a normal smile. And then I look at it and I look like an axe murderer.
10. If you could eat just one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ice Cream. It’s my favorite dessert.
11. What is one fear you’re hoping to overcome someday?
The fear of the woods at night. I have read too many books to NOT be afraid of the woods at night.
Questions from Deanna!
1. Have you ever named a child, pet, car or anything else after a book character? If so, what was the name and from which book? If not, do you want to?
I named my dog Maximum after Max from the Maximum Ride series!
2. If your favorite book was being made into a movie, who would you cast as the characters?
My favorite book is the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. I would cast Indiana Evans as Aelin Ashryver Galathynius. Brendon Thwaites as Chaol Westfall. Tom Welling as Dorian Havilliard. BUT A YOUNG TOM WELLING. I REPEAT A YOUNG TOM WELLING.
3. If you could co-author a book with someone, who would it be? What would your book be about?
If I could co author a book with someone I would co author a book with Em at PiplupsShadowyBookshelf. She’s one of my best Twitter friends and we would probably write an epic fantasy or something. Also, check Em out! Her blog is pretty amazing.
4. Would you rather read your favorite book over and over again or read as many “2 star” books as you want?
My favorite book over and over again for sure. 🙂
5. What is the book you learned the most from?
The book I probably learned the most from is Esther Earl’s This Star Won’t Go Out. It was really inspiring to me and it helped me learn to just be kind and do what whatever I wanted to do that made me happy.
6. If you could rename yourself, what you name you?
If I could rename myself I would rename myself Rain. Super weird, but I’ve always really liked super unique names and I just think Rain is a cool name.
7. What celebrity do people say you look like?
No one has ever said I’ve looked like a celebrity before!
8. If you could relive any time period in your life, what would it be?
I would relive my 8th grade year in middle school. That year I made a lot of friends, I really loved almost all of my teachers and I felt really free in a way. Crazy, almost. Like that year life was stressless, I felt I could take on the world.
9. If you could be a part of any fictional family, whose would it be?
I would be part of Jem, Tessa, Will, Cecy, Charlotte, Jessamine, and Henry’s family from The Infernal Devices. Yeah I know that they aren’t technically a blood family but the relationship they share is similar to that of family and I would want to be part of that.
10. Do you like participating in book tags and awards? Why or why not?
I LOVE participating in tags and awards! They are so fun and it’s a little treat to readers who typically would probably be interested in my answers! And I enjoy answering the questions!
11. Tell me the most interesting thing about yourself.
I love the feeling of writing. The pressing of pencil or pen to paper and creating words. And more and more words. That feeling is incomparable to to typing.
That’s it! That took a really really long time to answer these questions but it was really fun! It’s time for me to tag some of my own bloggers!
- Jess @ Princessica of Books
- Mo @ Morrisa Reads
- Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts
- Em @Piplups Shadowy Bookshelf
- SJ @ A Tree Grows In Bookland
- Kristen @ Blissful Bookworm
- Christine @ Tine’s Reviews
- Sarah @ Behind on Books
- Ryan @ Ryan’s Bookish Confessions
- Ale @ Bookish Unicorn
- Lacy @ Lacy Knox
My Questions For You!
- What is your favorite part of blogging and why?
- What is one of your happiest memories?
- If you had one wish with the power to grant almost anything (except more wishes) would you spend it immediately or use it on your deathbed?
- What’s your favorite animated movie?
- Who was your first blogging friend?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What is your dream job? Why?
- If you were to travel in time permanently, would you travel backwards or forwards?
- Name your first book boyfriend/girlfriend.
- What’s the teacher you’ve ever had? Name, Subject and why!
- If you could become any type of supernatural, what would it be and why?
I am so sorry for these craptastic questions. *shakes head sadly* Still hope you have fun answering them though! 🙂 Also PS: When you tag my blog name when you do this award by blog’s name is BlankSlaters Reads. Some people have spelled it as two words and stuff so yeah, just wanted to let you all know! 🙂 THANKS!